Thoughts on the LG G2
I have been using the Verizon-edition of the LG G2 for the past two weeks. Here are my thoughts:
- Beautiful edge-to-edge display (5.2" 1080p IPS 16:9 display, 423ppi)
- Pretty good 13MP camera with Optical Image Stabilization
- Great hardware design and construction
- Great double-tap feature to turn on the screen
- Horrible, horrible skin
- Ridiculous button placement (on the rear of the device)
- Poor design changes from the standard version on the Verizon edition.
The LG G2 is a great piece of hardware with unrealized potential. If LG left the stock UI and had proper button placement, this would have been the best phone on the market at the time of release. But they didn’t, and it wasn’t. This is the best hardware I’ve held all year, but alas, poor UI design...